12 November 2011

Just one of those days

I am the kind of person who, when I don't get something done when I want it done, I lose it. I freak out, cry a little, get angry, then laugh. Ha! What a cycle! And it usually isn't the end of the world, just a few minor things that go wrong. Today was that day.

To start off, my breaks weren't on time at work. This irritates me because as a smoker, my body knows when its been a while since its last nicotine intake. So I got cranky and had to tell the manager over and over and over that it was my turn. Ugh!

Then, my friends were all in a bad mood for craft night. This rubbed off on me, and they were quite disrespectful. I just wanted to cry to my mom.

BUT, my phone was out of minutes. So, I tried to put more minutes on there, but the customer service people seemed to think that I had a stolen credit card or was not who I said I was.

Trembling lip, that hurt you feel right behind your eyes as tears well up and spill over your eyelid, streaming down your face with mascara, making you look like a sad lump of poo.

Yes. I cried a little. Then I talked to my mommy thanks to awesome friends who know how to make a crappy night better with a borrowed phone and beef stew. And of course talking to the one woman who sits and listens, doesn't judge, sympathizes, and gets my mind off of things made me feel a lot better. It just goes to show that mothers will always make things better.

I owe my mom so much. She may not have known how to help me with all my homework, but she knew how to push me to get it done. She may not have known what to do to get me into college, but she was proud when I did it on my own. She may not have given me good advice with boys, but she backed up what I thought.

My mother has done so much, and I love her with all my heart. I am so blessed to have a mother like her.

WM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.